Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Literacy Project-Another Digital Story Using Voicethread!

For my literacy project I used Voicethread again to create another digital story. With a few children in my class I have been doing guided reading groups with the focus being some of the most basic skills needed for beginning readers. The first skill we work on in voice-print matching, and touching each word as they read. We have also been working on decoding strategies, strategies they can use when they come to a word they do not know. At my school in Kindergarten they are introduced to decoding icons, so I figured why not introduce them to them now! This digital story introduces each one of the icons as well as the strategy they can use to help them decode an unfamiliar word. Watch and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment